US Department of Agriculture Under Secretary Robert Bonnie will give a Keynote Address at the 2022 Vertical Farming World Congress to be held from 19 to 21 September in Brussels, the heart of European policy making.
“This is immensely important recognition of the opportunities for new technology in avoiding climate and supply chain disruption to provide the world’s growing population with nutritious and affordable food,” commented Richard Hall, Chair of specialist consultancy and Congress organiser Zenith Global.
“Vertical farming can beat the perfect storm of covid, war and inflation by saving water and waste as well as improving quality and sustainability,” added Tom Zoellner, Secretary General of FarmTech Society, which is official event partner for the Congress.
Full programme and booking details are available at www.zenithglobal.com/events and the schedule includes a host of highlights:
- Over 30 industry leading speakers from Australia to Sweden and from the United States to Korea
- Visits to 3 local urban farm operators showcasing fruits, herbs and vegetables from microgreens to mushrooms and strawberries
- 2022 Vertical Farming World Awards dinner
- Industry policy discussions with European Commission and a former adviser to President Obama
- Extensive coverage of market trends and opportunities for networking.
The Congress is aimed primarily at vertical farming operators and suppliers, joined by investors, customers and advisers. It is sponsored by platinum sponsor IGS, gold sponsors JBT and Signify, silver sponsor Multivac and bronze sponsor Foundation for Food & Agriculture Research. It is held in association with FarmTech Society.
For further information, please contact Francesca Hall email [email protected].